Thursday, January 28, 2010
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
this is the "pet blanket" i got her for christmas, which is in fact just a fleece blanket with paws on it. she like it. here i think she is saying "quit taking pictures of me, now!" she can be like that sometimes!
this past weekend john, janna, alana and i went to kentucky to help melissa with her new apartment. and none of us wore make-up all weekend!!
we met at my house, re-packed the car (which was quite a feat), and left from there. we drove to bowling green and met melissa at PEPPers, a local mexican restaurant. these pictures are from there.
alana was very excited to see auntie melissa and show off her new glasses. we all agree with janna's uncle jim - she looks spectacular in her spectacles!!
janna was our encourager as always and made sure we got lots of work done! i guess my main goal, apartment wise, was the decorating, which i always enjoy, but i was also glad to see mellie in her new apartment! i can't wait to go back! maybe we won't have to work so hard next time!!
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
here is jordan (16) holding max (2) and clinton (5).
clinton had lots of fun! he and jordan both had dollars that they were going to spend, but kim told them to just keep their money, so she shelled out $56739.08 for snacks for everyone...it still shocks me how much things cost at the movies!!
Thursday, January 14, 2010
a few years ago, i gave my friend kim a journal that had some pointers in it as to what to write each day. i thought that was a great idea, but had never seen them again, until this christmas when my aunt juanita gave me this: it's a prayer journal...i love it! this is a sample page. i think if you click on the picture you will be able to see it better.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
here you can see how much i saved...msrp was $50 (which i never would have paid), kroger had them originally for $24 (which i might have paid if they were great cards and i was in a rush), and I got them for a total of $6 plus tax!! i love saving money!! by the way, that's $.08 for each card.i know you will be anxious to get your cheap (but thoughtful and well meaning nonetheless) christmas card come december!! if i can find them, that is!
i let them soak overnight, drained them and put them in the crock pot the next morning....with some bacon, some frozen chopped onions and some other seasonings.
this is while they were cooking...and making my house smell wonderful!!
yum, yum! unfortunately they were not near as bright and beautiful by the time they got done cooking, but they sure tasted good! i may have to try this again.
Monday, January 11, 2010
i don't think anyone reads this who does not know me personally (and would therefore know what i've been up to), but i will just list a few things that have filled my time the last half of 2009 (with a few pics for your enjoyment!!)...
- acteens started back up in the fall, and i began my 7th year as a leader of that group. we have had a great "core" group of girls for the past several years and the oldest one in that group, katie, graduates this year...it will not be the same without her!!
- i became a part of a new sunday school class at our church. the goal of the class is to welcome newcomers and visitors, and to help them feel like they have a place they belong until they get plugged in to the most fitting class for them. i have really enjoyed getting to know the other folks in the class and our teachers, and of course welcoming people to our church.
- work has been good, i guess...just rolling with the flow of that and trying to adjust some structural changes and responsibility shifts...pretty much just thankful to have a job!!
- i started working with a personal trainer sometime in october. the biggest adjustment for me was getting up and exercising before work. i have lost a little over 20 pounds (even a little over the holidays) and am now trying to get re-dedicated to food plan portion of the system.
- kim's son clinton (in the picture on the side) was diagnosed with a medulloblastoma brain tumor the week before thanksgiving and is in the process of undergoing treatments for that...it has been a roller coaster for them, and i just keep lifting them all up in prayer! if you want to read what's going on, click here
- christmas was great...i really enjoyed spending time with friends and family this year...not that i don't always enjoy that time, but i really tried to take note of it this year. i also really enjoyed buying and making gifts this year...i tried to put a lot of thought into each one and was really excited to give all of them, instead of just getting something to wrap up.
so that was 2009...now for 2010...what do i plan for 2010???
- my main focus is to get my finances under control (which is a constant battle for me!!). i have asked my mother to kind of be my accountability partner in this endeavor and will meet with her each month to share my budget and progress. if all goes as planned i will have everything paid off except my house and student loan by the end of the year!!
- continue working out...thanks to a generous gift from kim, i still have 4 more weeks with the trainer and thanks to my mom, i have a wii fit. with these tools i plan to continue to work out several times a week and try new activities along the way!
- as always, i plan to eat healthy this year.
- i plan to blog more and not be so hard on myself about it...i just have remind myself that there are really no rules to this, and that i don't have to have some life changing or hysterically funny post. we'll see!
- i plan to memorize a bible verse each week. janna wanted to do this with her family and has invited others to join, i think it's great, i mean, who doesn't need a few scriptures in their head!!
- i am making a conscious effort to spend more time in prayer this year. to purposefully pray and dialogue with God on a daily basis. my aunt gave me a great prayer journal for christmas that has really helped with this!