Just Because

Monday, October 20, 2008

truly a blessing

on friday, a very special lady in my life turned 60 years old. my best friend's mother, mrs. morel, (and mr. morel) has always gone above and beyond in order to welcome me into their home, love me, do for me, and make me feel like part of their family. they have both become very good friends, and i was honored to help plan mrs. morel's surprise party!!

janna is telling everyone that they are almost here...hush up now!

after months of planning and scheming (and lots of lies told by janna) the moment was here...


she was genuinely surprised...there was no doubt about that!!


these were the table decorations...festive but simple



my mom and i


the obligatory picture of the three amigos!!

we had everyone write a note to mrs. morel to share a special memory or let her know how she is a blessing in their life...

melissa and i with our second mom!

i just thought this was funny because i hit janna on the arm where she'd had two shots the day before...and mellie snapped the picture at just the right time!!

we all had a great time honoring a wonderful friend, mom, aunt, mamaw, niece, cousin, sister, sister-in-law, etc...happy birthday mrs. morel!!

No comments: