Just Because

Sunday, June 26, 2011

the land of the free

As I was reading Tatertots and Jello the other day, I came across this really cute idea for a 4th of July decoration.
Isn't that cute!?! She used a  personal letter as the background and a map for the stars.  So neat!

I liked it so much, I decided to make a version for my house:
I found an image of the Declaration of Independence on the web and faded it out a little.  Then I just put the text over the image and printed it out.  I used my Creative Memories star punch for the stars and just sewed them right on the paper.  My background is just some rippled paper I had on hand with the red paper Mod Podged on that.  I had the frame left from this party, and I just painted it white.

Here you can see how the stars stand out from the paper - so festive!

Happy 4th of July!

No comments: